Nov 20, 2012, 5:05 PM EST
I’m no soccer expert, but the play shown below has to be that sport’s equivalent of Lucy pulling the football away from Charlie Brown as he’s about to kick it. A Fox broadcaster called it “disgraceful”, so I think I’m on pretty solid ground with my analysis.
What we’ve got here is Shakhtar Donetsk vs. Nordsjlland in Ukranian Champions League play today, where Donetsk forward Luiz Adriano of Brazil is called for a foul. Soccer etiquette is for the offending player to tap the ball to the other team’s goalie after a player gets hurt, and Adriano makes it look like he’s going to do that — but then dribbles by him and scores in the uncontested net.
Technically that’s a goal, but Adriano didn’t win and friends with the move.
Donetsk won 5-2.
If the video below isn’t working, you can view it here.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found