Nov 19, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
It’s one thing to score a goal from you pants in a professional hockey game — it’s quite another for the officials to review the play and uphold that goal. That’s what happened in a second-tier Swedish League Hockey game on Sunday, as Djurgarden’s Alexander Wennberg scored a hat trick in his team’s 6-2 win over Leksand, including this goal, in which he seemingly hid the puck in his pants.
The officials reviewed the goal and upheld it, meaning that we have the world’s first known pants goal. Look, without the NHL, things like this are going to have to suffice.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found