Nov 18, 2012, 10:24 AM EST
Yesterday, we had yet another incident of fan violence in professional soccer as a Russian goalie ended up getting hit by a rogue firework thrown by a fan.
It happened in a Russian Premier League between Zenit St. Petersburg and Dynamo Moscow. In the 36th minute of the match, Dynamo goalie Anton Shunin was standing in his own goal when one of the Zenit fan’s decide to chuck a firework in his general direction.
The firework exploded at Shunin’s feet and caused him to collapse on the pitch:
After the incident, referees called the match and Shunin was taken to a local-area hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation and possible burns to one of his corneas.
In case you missed it, Zenit fans have already been in the news last week as they burned down a section of seats during a match against FK Volga’s Lokomotiv Stadium.
Antonio Shunin gets hit by firework, referees abandon match [Holdout Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found