Nov 18, 2012, 12:06 PM EDT
At one point during his boxing career, former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson was described as one of the baddest men on the planet.
Now, he’s remembered for his cameos in the Hangover movies and most recently, he lost a battle of wits with a koala in Brisbane, Australia.
Tyson was in Australia for his “Day of The Champions” public speaking tour and during a media session, a handler from the Alma Park Zoo brought a koala bear named Trace for Tyson to pet.
After sizing each other up, Tyson appeared to be afraid of the koala and didn’t want to pet the cuddly animal in front of the television cameras. During the amusing scene, Iron Mike provided a logical explanation of why he didn’t want to pet him:
“Good animals go bad sometimes,” Tyson said.
“I’m sure they’ve got a lot of bacteria in those nasty claws,” he said. “A friend of mine had a koala scratch him.”
Clearly, the video of the incident speaks louder than words:
Mike Tyson is scared of a koala [The Post Game]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found