Nov 17, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT
After securing a victory, sports fans tend to get a little fired up but in this post, we’ll show you what happens when an actual fire breaks out in the stands to celebrate a win.
Last Sunday, Zenit St. Petersburg picked up a win over FK Volga in a Russian Premier League soccer match and some of the visiting fans for Zenit decided to set a fire to some of the seats at Volga’s Lokomotiv Stadium.
The below eyewitness video shows fire trucks eventually arriving to the scene of the crime along with many fans fleeing from the blaze:
The final stats from the blaze: over 450 seats destroyed and 11 arrests made in connection with starting the fire.
Zenit St. Petersburgh fans set fire to stadium [Huffington Post]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found