Ewwww…Indiana men’s basketball coach Tom Crean drops gum on the court, picks it up and chews it (video)
Nov 17, 2012, 12:39 PM EDT
Plenty of coaches and managers like to chew gum to help them calm their nerves during games but Indiana University’s Tom Crean doesn’t really like to lose a good piece of gum.
During last Thursday’s victory against Sam Houston State, Crean was caught by cameras chewing some gum on the sidelines until he lost from his mouth.
Instead of trying to grab a new piece of gum from the bench, Crean picks up the chewed gum off the court and places right back in his mouth:
After the game, Crean tried to explain his logic for picking up the chewed gum on his Twitter page:
I guess the 5-second rule works in this case….
Tom Crean eats piece of gum that lands on court [Larry Brown Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP