Nov 17, 2012, 10:21 AM EST
Over the years, I’ve seen some gruesome sports injuries but during last weekend’s CFL Eastern Conference Semifinal match-up between the Edmonton Eskimos and the Toronto Argonauts, Eskimos QB Matt Nichols suffered one of the worst ankle injuries I’ve ever seen.
It happened in the third quarter of the game as Nichols went back to pass and was sacked by Toronto Argonauts defensive end Ronald Flemons (who prior to this was best known for his Leon Lett style blunder on a touchdown return two years ago).
As the camera panned away from the downed quarterback, it became obvious that Nichols wasn’t okay since his right ankle was twisted around:
Somehow, Nichols didn’t suffer any broken bones on the hit that turned his ankle around and Edmonton trainers determined that it was just a dislocation.
Matt Nichols suffers gruesome ankle injury [Total Pro Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found