Nov 15, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
Did the Montreal Expos ever really have a mascot that looked like that? Horrifying. Anyway, the gremlins at Next Media Animation have taken on the Miami Marlins fire sale, as you knew they would, and the result is fairly humorous. Check it out below.
Among the highlights are several appearances by the old Florida Marlins logo, Jeffrey Loria with his fingers crossed behind his back during the opening of the Marlins’ new stadium, and the declaration that “Loria is worse than McCourt.”
Someone had to say it.
Of course MLB forced McCourt to sell the Dodgers even though his crimes seem to pale in comparison to those of Loria, who has ransacked two franchises to date. But Loria has, technically, done his looting within the laws of baseball, according to the experts. He is still available, however, for your loathing and random verbal brickbats.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games