Nov 15, 2012, 6:16 PM EDT
The hit of the night at the Colfax (No. Calif.)-Placer high school football game a couple weeks back? This blindside tackle by one of the dads on a shirtless lout who strode onto the field during the game. So much goodness here to break down. Let’s begin.
- Shirtless loon is wearing his belt in the proper place, but it is not attached to his pants, which droop below his butt.
- Shirtless dude defiantly empties a bottle of water onto the field, perhaps not realizing that grass actually thrives on water. This was probably not the act of civil disobedience he thought it might be.
- Guy in tan jacket makes a nice diversionary wave, allowing other guy to come in with a devastating hit.
- More dads, and a cop, pile on, to the delight of the crowd.
- One dad tries to twist shirtless guy’s foot for no apparent reason.
- Cuffed and dazed, shirtless dude is led off field in perp walk fashion to the accompaniment of cow bell.
Oh tasty booze, the trouble you cause.
According to the Colfax Record, the initial tackle was made by Troy Minton-Sander, a former Colfax player who is now a law enforcement officer. From the Record:
The shirtless man, who was later arrested and appeared to be sagging his pants a little too much, fumbled the football upon impact. “Hit of the year,” Placer defensive lineman Eddie Vanderdoes said. Minton-Sander is the father of the Hillmen’s Stone Sander, and his heroics drew a large round of applause from the crowd.
“I just thought it was so great that Troy protected the kids and the community tonight,” wrote Greg Denham, who is a pastor in Auburn and the father of Hillmen quarterback Peter Denham, in an email to the Journal.
The citizens of Colfax can all sleep peacefully tonight.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights