Nov 15, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
Please make a note of it. A man and a woman in Italy were caught having sex outdoors as everyone in their town was indoors watching Italy play in the 2006 World Cup. Makes total sense to me.
But the police were unamused. The couple, a 60-year-old man and a 40-year-old woman, said that they did it outdoors so as not to offend anyone who was watching Italy play the Ukraine in the quarterfinals in Germany on TV.
They were convicted and brought their case to Rome’s Court of Cassation, the highest appeals court, where they lost again.
For the record, Italy played Ukraine that night and won 3-0, going on to win the tournament in a final against France.
Wonder how everyone in Italy celebrated?
Wait, 2006? It took six years to decide this?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup