Nov 14, 2012, 1:58 PM EDT
In Balinese it’s called Sampi Makepung, which translated means “Bugs in your teeth”. No, I think it really means Buffalo racing, a tradition in Indonesia with big races held twice a year between July and October.
The course? Two kilometers (1.24 miles). The vehicle? A cart. Power? Two water buffaloes. It’s the only racing event I know of that hasn’t been sullied by a steroid scandal. Although I’m not too sure about that buffalo pictured at the bottom.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found