Nov 14, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
The first thing that strikes me about Belgian basketball is that there are a lot of freakin’ lines on the court. Look at that floor — how many sports do they play in that gym? (The green lines are for waffle hockey). Anyway, in this video they’re playing basketball, and a player for the Belgian Third Division team Natoye, Pierre-Yves Winkin, somehow misses four consecutive layups at his on basket in a game with Andenne.
And that was fortunate for him (on the last one, you see a teammate swoop in and swat the ball away). The misses were following a free throw, and it’s my belief that Winkin’s subconscious was preventing him scoring. Either that or he was padding his rebounding stats. Heretofore Natoye shall be called Brick City.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming