Guy arrested for allegedly threatening to assassinate Pres. Obama is a triathlete, Denver Broncos fan (video)
Nov 14, 2012, 3:46 PM EDT
A Colorado Mesa University student has been arrested for threatening to kill President Obama — a threat he made while being treated by a therapist. But Mitchell Kenneth Kusick, 20, of Westminster, Colo., is not your ordinary wants-to-assassinate-the-president kind of crazy.
According to Jefferson County Court records, Kusick also:
Said he was obsessed with the shootings at Columbine High School and Virginia Tech.
Is also obsessed with the Dark Knight Rises theater massacre.
Said he wanted to shoot children on Halloween.
Kusick also allegedly admitted that he wanted to assassinate President Barack Obama. He said he had been keeping track of his travel schedule, and wanted to go down in history as “the guy who killed Obama.”
And then, this paragraph happened:
Among Kusick’s interests on his Facebook page are ‘American conspiracies,’ the Call of Duty video games and the film Paul Blart: Mall Cop.
Kusick’s Facebook page shows him running a triathlon, and includes a photo he took of himself in a bathroom mirror wearing a Denver Broncos jersey and hat. You can’t buy publicity like that.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP