Nov 13, 2012, 1:13 PM EDT
If you can dodge a wrench on a series of trampoline surfaces, you can dodge a ball. Ultimate Trampoline Dodgeball is here, and it’s spectacular. The rules are kind of simple:
Two teams of five players each face each other in the dodgeball pit, which is a series of trampoline surfaces on the floor and, of course, the walls. Bouncing and weightlessness ensue.
Games are four minutes or until one team has all its players knocked out, whichever comes first.
Sudden death = first player to be knocked out.
The sport was conceived by Rick Platt of Sky Zone Sports, a series of 26 trampoline park franchises throughout the U.S. Sky Zone just completed its 3-D Dodgeball Championship tournament, wit the regionals held at different national Sky Zone locations, and the finals in Los Angeles. Highlights from that will be shown on Fox Sports next month.
There was a $100,000 purse, so add that to (delayed) national television coverage, and you can say that trampoline dodgeball is really a sport. Hopefully this can replace the NHL.
Photos: Sky Zone Sports.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found