Nov 12, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
Old and played out: “Gentlemen, start your engines.” New, hot saying: “And the crews are in it!” Dramatic fight at the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AdvoCare 500 at Phoenix International Raceway on Sunday, as the Clint Bowyer pit crew tried to beat up Jeff Gordon, whose own pit crew then jumped into the fray.
It all happened on the second-to-last lap, after Gordon wrecked Bowyer, with Gordon then chugging into the garage. That’s where Bowyer’s pit crew set upon him, and chaos ensued. But the best part was when Bowyer got out of his car, heard about the fight and started sprinting toward the scene. Cameras followed him as he ran … seemingly forever … only then to be held back by several people.
“Wait … is that Clint Bowyer’s intro music I hear?”
Second-best part, this quote:
“The sport was made on fights. We should have more fights. I like fights,” Kevin Harvick, who won the race, told reporters, via The Associated Press. “They’re not always fun to be in, sometimes you’re on the wrong end, but fights are what made NASCAR what it is.”
The fisticuffs begin at about the 1:28 mark in the video below.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found