High school football player makes bear hug reception which leads to unique hand-off touchdown (video)
Nov 11, 2012, 12:21 PM EST
I’m going to take a guess that we will never see another play in high school football like the one pulled off in a game earlier this week between Friendship Collegiate Academy (Washington D.C.) and Bergen Catholic High School (New Jersey).
Here is how the insane play unfolded: Bergen Catholic quarterback Jonathan Germano dropped back to pass and attempted to find wide receiver J.J. Kulcsar on the left sideline. However, Germano’s pass was under thrown and Kulcsar needed to backtrack to catch the ball.
Kulscar somehow caught the pass while bear hugging one of the Friendship defenders and attempted to make his way to the end zone as two Academy players tried to bring him down at the one-yard line.
It looked like Kulscar was going to come up short until Bergen Catholic’s James Dawson came into the picture and took the ball from the wide receiver before he was tackled down. Dawson then walked in for the touchdown to finish the once-in-a-lifetime play:
The unique touchdown ended up being an important score since the game went to overtime tied at 42. Bergen Catholic would win in the extra frame after a touchdown reception from…you guessed it…J.J. Kulscar.
Receiver pulls off incredible bear hug handoff [Prep Rally]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found