Nov 10, 2012, 8:32 AM EDT
Considering that hockey fans sit right next to the penalty box and the team benches, I’m surprised that incidents like the below one from an East Coast Hockey League game don’t happen more often.
During the Orlando Solar Bears 4-1 loss last Thursday to the Gwinnett Gladiators, Solar Bears goaltender John Curry wasn’t appreciating the noise from a group of fans in Roman gladiator costumes sitting next to the team’s bench.
As the game ended, the Solar Bears went to the locker room but Curry stayed behind to get his revenge on the noise-making trio by spraying them with his water bottle through an opening in the boards:
Since the incident, Curry was fined an undisclosed amount by the ECHL for his actions.
ECHL goalie sprays fans with water bottle [Puck Daddy]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch coverage of Carb Day at Indy
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights