Nov 9, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Can you smell what the Rock, and the Detroit Lions, are cooking? Last seen performing at an election eve rally for Mitt Romney in Manchester, N.H., Kid Rock will again take the stage, or the turf?, at Ford Field on Thanksgiving when the Detroit Lions play the Houston Texans. Mr. Rock will be the halftime entertainment.
The Lions and the United Way announced Friday that the show will include Kid Rock’s new song Detroit, Michigan. The track references a number of the city’s music stars, including Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin and Eminem as well as other big names, such as Rosa Parks and Henry Ford.
The song is on Kid Rock’s album Rebel Soul, which is to be released Nov. 19.
The halftime show is part of a 125th anniversary celebration of United Way, so that’s cool.
My question: do people watch NFL halftime shows? I know that I usually don’t … but then I’ve never been known for my taste.
H/T Howie Nave.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found