Peyton Manning’s got the munchies: QB bought 21 Papa John’s pizza franchises two weeks before Colorado legalized pot
Nov 8, 2012, 10:09 AM EDT
We’re sure it’s just a coincidence … isn’t it? But Peyton Manning is someone who is known to really do his homework, and he may have been studying polling data before he went out and purchased 21 Papa John’s Pizza outlets last month. Noticing that Colorado’s Measure 64 had a good chance of getting voted in — in effect legalizing marijuana — what better investment than pizza for an entire state with the munchies?
Manning’s pizza joints (sorry) are all in the Denver area. Papa John’s also announced that it will continue to be the official pizza of the NFL and the Super Bowl.
Colorado’s Amendment 64 will allow adults over 21 to possess up to an ounce of marijuana, though using the drug publicly would be banned. The amendment would allow people to grow up to six marijuana plants in a private, secure area.
Possession of up two four slices of pizza for private use is also legal. However if you’re under the age of 16 or Tony Siragusa, possession of an entire large pepperoni is punishable by a fine.
Of course it’s hard to imagine a more clean-cut, anti-drug personalty than Peyton Manning, and we’re sure he’d have no truck with pot-related snack food strategies. It’s all just a big coincidence we’re sure. But if he starts buying Frito Lay stock, or is hanging out with Chester Cheetah, we may have to revise our thinking.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1