Nov 8, 2012, 1:19 PM EDT
Gone are the halycon days when Cam Newton, Michael Dyer and Nick Fairley led the Auburn Tigers to the BCS National Championship over Oregon back in 2010. Nowadays, Chizik’s 2-7 record isn’t giving anybody much to smile about. Or, if you’re an Auburn student, their smiling equivalent of throwing toilet paper at specific (and endangered!) oak trees. But Obama did just that when he beat out Mitt Romney for the Presidency on Tuesday night.
UNLEASH THE CHARMIN (OR CHEAPER STORE BRAND ALTERNATIVE)!
A live feed of oak trees! Oh, 21st century. You’re so quirky.
The city of Auburn’s live video feed of the historic corner showed that plenty of toilet paper remained in the trees on Wednesday morning and according to a report from The Auburn Plainsman, the campus chapter of College Democrats were celebrating near the trees when Obama was announced as the winner on Tuesday night.
This happened because of Obama once before, back in 2008 (below). And if he keeps getting elected, who knows how many more times they’ll toss those rolls in his honor. The question is, what would happen to the trees if Romney won? Death by fire?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found