Nov 8, 2012, 4:07 PM EDT
I have a proud record of never watching an entire episode of Survivor, and I wasn’t about to break that streak on Wednesday night. I kind of wish I’d seen this though: Jeff Kent’s epic meltdown when he was voted off.
Kent, I’m told, was a classic curmudgeon through his time on the show this season, yelling at everyone to get off his lawn and talking to his share of empty chairs. But he kept helping his team win immunity challenges, thus keeping him around. But something happened on Wednesday and he got the boot — much like Mitt Romney the day before. So ironic, since Kent is a conservative who probably voted for Mitt.
If you have any doubt of that, check out this quote from his “exit interview”:
“I think I’ve made about $60 million playing baseball, and I wanted this frickin’ million dollars in this game. And it’s not even a freakin’ million bucks, it’s only about 600,000 after Obama takes it all. This just sucks.”
I’m picturing his former Giants teammate Barry Bonds watching this episode over and over, in an easy chair, sipping a drink with a tiny umbrella in it, and laughing the entire time.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found