Nov 8, 2012, 11:08 AM EST
Not sports, exactly, unless you consider a grandfather building a totally awesome replica World War II fighter plane for his grandsons as a sport.
Bo Lakatos of Morgantown, WV, just retired, so he had time for a little project. He built a replica P40 Warhawk World War II fighter plane, and when he was done he gave it to his grandsons, Andrew and Nathaniel. The Daily Mail is calling this a life-sized replica, but I have a hard time buying into that — especially after seeing this picture of the real thing.
Does it fly? That would be really cool … but no. The Lakatos boys will not be flying sorties over their grammar school. The plane will remain in their backyard to play on. Which can sometimes be just as fun.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found