Nov 8, 2012, 7:22 PM EST
It’s all fun and games until someone wipes their blood on your face. Chicao of Santa Cruz — that’s Serie C soccer in Brazil — is either somewhat insane, or just a fan of the Showtime series Dexter. You be the judge.
The midfielder was banned for two matches for fingerpainting an opponent’s face with blood during a match on Oct. 13. The victim was Fortaleza’s Esley, who as it turns out was not so innocent himself.
Chicao said he got upset when he realized that he had a cut above his eye after being elbowed in the face by Esley as they challenged for the ball. He got up and put his bloodied hand on Esley’s face.
The incident ignited a brawl that involved players from both teams and led to Chicao and Esley being sent off.
The tribunal suspended Esley for five matches for the elbowing.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found