‘All the boys are like ‘Whoa, it’s a girl!’ ‘ Youth football dynamo Sam Gordon gets interviewed on Good Morning America
Nov 8, 2012, 2:16 PM EST
By now you’ve read about Sam Gordon, the 9-year-old girl youth football player from Salt Lake City who has rushed for 35 touchdowns and nearly 2,000 yards against competition of all boys. Since we first wrote about her earlier this week, Sam is now trending on Twitter, and Indians in the Amazon rainforest have probably seen her YouTube highlight video.
This morning she was on Good Morning America, where she talked about dominating the boys and then got to meet Team USA Olympic soccer gold medalist Carli Lloyd (Sam’s favorite sport is actually soccer).
“It’s just fun because all the boys are like, ‘whoa, it’s a girl.’”
Her dad, Brent Gordon:
“When she was about 3 or 4 years old and we would play soccer out in the yard with my older son … and they’d try to be a little bit rough with her and even intentionally try to kick the ball at her and she wouldn’t be fazed and would keep getting up,” Gordon said today via Skype on “Good Morning America.” “I kind of had an idea that she’s got an aggressive mentality back then.”
This little girl is dominating her youth football league against the boys [Off the Bench]
Update on Sam Gordon, the girl running back who absolutely owns the boys in her youth football league [Off the Bench]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found