Nov 7, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
As you certainly know by now, both Washington state and Colorado passed measures on Tuesday to allow the regulation of marijuana use — in effect making pot legal in those states (although the federal government is still insisting it isn’t). Former Broncos running back LenDale White is certainly aware of this.
So a player for the Broncos or Seahawks could legally possess up to one ounce of marijuana and grow up to six plants in their homes, according to the law. But smoke that wacky weed? Better not do that, says the NFL. Marijuana, says Greg Aiello, is still prohibited under the NFL’s substance abuse policy.
“The NFL’s policy is collectively bargained and will continue to apply in the same manner it has for decades,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told USA TODAY Sports Wednesday morning. “Marijuana remains prohibited under the NFL substance abuse program.”
“The Colorado and Washington laws will have no impact on the operation of the policy,” Aiello said.
But what about all that second-hand smoke? Better stay home, Peyton Manning.
And by the way, this goes for the NBA as well, according to the report.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes, Orb finishes fourth
- Play Video: I'll Have Another wins the Preakness
- Play Video: Konig takes Stage 7, van Garderen retains overall lead
- Play Video: Gary Stevens wins third Preakness
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Staal in agony after knee-on-knee hit