Nov 6, 2012, 4:13 PM EST
As I stated in the previous post, I watched Game 4 of the World Series in a casino in Reno, Nev. But the previous day I was at Harrah’s Lake Tahoe, watching Game 3 with, among others, these two guys. I sent this photo to a friend, and was stunned to learn that he had never heard of Rock’em Sock’em Robots. It was, of course (and still is I suppose) a robot boxing game from Mattel (although originally by Marx). What’s next, having to explain the game “Operation”?
Anyway, it occurs to me that this photo is a perfect metaphor for tonight. Red states and blue states, having duked it out over the previous eight months (or four years, take your pick), can now relax in friendship and enjoy a couple of tasty brews. Because if these two guys can put aside their differences for even one night, there’s hope for the rest of us.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found