Nov 6, 2012, 11:08 AM EST
A pair of football parlays — one for $100 and one for $5 — on 10- and 11-team parlays, respectively, paid off for one unidentified man for $65,000 this past weekend. The person was betting on the offshore site BetOnline, according to BTB. Here was his 10-team parlay:
Bucs pk (+105) over Oakland
Bears -3.5 (-105) over Tennesse
Broncos -4 over Cincinnati
Texans -10 over Buffalo
Oregon -8.5 over USC
Kansas State -8 over Oklahoma State
Clemson -12.5 over Duke
Penn State -3.5 over Purdue
Texas A&M -6.5 over Mississippi State
Stanford -28 over Colorado
According to Business Insider, the $5 bet was the same, but included the Ravens -3.5 over the Browns and Oklahoma -12 over Iowa State, and excluded Oregon.
I wouldn’t have touched that Buccaneers-Raiders game with a friend’s ten-foot pole, and Stanford minus-28 vs. Colorado? The exact opposite of a sure thing. Ten-team parlays are insanity to begin with, as so many working parts have to mesh exactly right. But this time it worked.
I’m still willing to guess that this guy still hasn’t broken even over the course of his lifetime, however.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found