Nov 6, 2012, 3:21 PM EST
I haven’t written much about the World Series, mainly because I was off that week (saw Game 4 in a casino in Reno, where all playoff baseball should be viewed). to tell the truth I’m feeling a little guilty at the sudden embarrassment of riches — you mean I get to live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I get two World Series titles?
I think that all sports championships should be won by teams in cities such as Detroit, Pittsburgh and Houston. Those communities need the boost.
But we are the champions, so let’s celebrate this title in song. Here’s Bay Area recording artist Ashkon Davaran, who put together the previous Giants’ anthem in 2010, sung to the tune of Don’t Stop Believin‘. This one is to Queen’s We Are the Champions, and is almost as good. Favorite line:
We are the champions, we are the champions, no time for Dodgers cause we are the champions, of the world.
I’ll have to admit that I was one of the many who had given up on Barry Zito — but I’m happy to have been wrong. Whatever else you might say about his overblown contract, the team has won two World Series titles during his time here, and he was instrumental in one of those.
My friends below agree. Here’s to you, Mr. Zito. You certainly can take a punch.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found