Nov 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
D’oh! The only real surprise here is that it didn’t happen to Danica Patrick. NASCAR officials thought it would be fun to have a guy parachute into the Texas Motor Speedway in a ceremony prior to the NASCAR Spring Cup AAA 500. The only problem was the parachutist, resplendent in his Texas flag parachute, dented Kevin Harvick’s No. 29 (closer look here). The car had to be taken to the garage for repairs.
A weight used to hold down a corner of the parachute banged into the car.
Harvick finished ninth, in case you were wondering.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel