Nov 5, 2012, 12:34 PM EST
It happened in Sharyland, Texas, where the Edinburg North Cougars were taking on the home team, the Sharyland Rattlers, in a 5A Region IV District 30. Edinburg attempts a 44-yard field goal in the first quarter and the kick comes up short, falling into the arms of Sharyland returner Sean Landez.
Options: Let the ball go out of the end zone (rejected). Catch it and take a knee (nope). Landez decides to return the kick … and after tightroping the back end line, he races down the right sideline and, well, see for yourself.
Sharyland won 48-7, in a game in which Landez also had a 95-yard punt return for a TD.
H/T Lew Patton.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found