Nov 5, 2012, 2:49 PM EDT
It’s not sports, but when a headline like this crosses my desk, you’d better believe it’s going to be a post: A strip club patron almost lost his eye during a brawl involving 17 strippers.
On Election Day eve, let us pause to reflect on what makes this country great.
It happened in Austin, Texas, as most stripper riots do. The woman who hurled the shoe may be charged with wielding a deadly weapon, according to police.
According to KXAN-TV, the fight between the strippers began in the dressing room at Hot Bodies in Austin on Oct. 26. That’s when authorities say 21-year-old Victoria Perez threw her high-heel shoe, hitting a man in the eye.
She is being held on $50,000 bail.
As far as I know, Bryant McKinnie was not involved in any way.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming