Nov 3, 2012, 10:33 AM EDT
Blowouts at sporting events aren’t exactly fun for anyone especially the announcers who have to make the game interesting with most of their storylines gone.
A Georgia high school football game between Douglass and Rockmart was turning into a massacre as Yellow Jackets led by the score of 54-0. Douglass color commentator R.J. Lewis calling the game was still convinced however that Douglass would get on the board in the third quarter of play and made a prediction.
Lewis stated that Douglass would get a score off a bobbled snap that would be taken the distance for the touchdown and his play-by-play man had a quick laugh about the prediction.
The play-by-play man wasn’t laughing seconds later as R.J.’s prediction happened just like he said:
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires