“The players wanting in the NHL is making billions”: fan-made rap video on YouTube laments lockout (video)
Nov 2, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
Some of you may not have even noticed, but the NHL is currently mired in yet another lockout, causing the cancellation of all games for the foreseeable future, including the annually-ballyhooed Winter Classic. Others of you have most definitely noticed and have spent the majority of your waking hours since cursing Gary Bettman and the Players Association both (though probably more for Bettman), wondering when your nightmare will end and professional hockey will once again grace the upper registers of your TV dial.
YouTube rap artist RiSHI is definitely in the latter group, as clearly demonstrated by his self-made video “The Fan Lockout,” which calls for a full-scale fan boycott of the NHL due to the league’s perpetual labor issues and work stoppages. Check it out yourself:
Alright, that’s actually catchier than I’d care to admit, and pretty solid advice too– while orchestrating a widespread fan boycott is probably beyond the scope of reality, if even a third or a quarter of the fans refused to return when the action inevitably starts back up, the league would be forced to take notice and ideally change their ways to make sure we’re not going through this whole thing again in four to six years, right?
Yeah, okay, not going to happen. Cool rap, though.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found