Strangest soccer injury ever: Oxford United’s Adam Chapman suffers burnt nipple after spilling hot baby milk on himself
Nov 1, 2012, 11:44 AM EDT
This might rank up there as one of the strangest injuries ever suffered by an athlete.
Last weekend, Oxford United midfielder Adam Chapman nearly missed United’s 3-1 over Wycombe because of an injury he suffered while trying to feed his baby the night before.
As the story goes on Friday night, Chapman was preparing some hot milk for his little son but accidentally forgot to tighten the bottle properly.
Adam then attempted to shake the bottle to cool the contents down but the lid flew off and the boiling milk went all over his t-shirt. He was taken to the hospital for examination and released with the burnt nipple injury.
Chapman detailed the incident to BBC Sport and gave his account of how it felt:
“It went on my T-shirt and it was like a shock,” Chapman said.
“I jumped up, ripped my T-shirt a little bit then whipped it off my head. I was in shock in that first few seconds and then after 15 seconds the pain set in and it was unbelievable.”
“I’ll be honest, I was crying a little bit, tears were flowing down, I didn’t know what to do. I was embarrassed, my missus was laughing at me.”
To note, Chapman’s wife wasn’t the only one laughing:
“Our manager (Chris Wilder) had a good chuckle….” he added. “It is nice to be known for the football but I’m sure I’m going to get quite a bit of stick for this one.”
Oxford United Adam Chapman burns nipple, nearly misses game [The Last Angry Fan]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte