Nov 1, 2012, 1:39 PM EDT
Yesterday, the San Francisco Giants held their World Series victory parade and manager Bruce Bochy got a chance to ride in a vintage Rolls Royce with the trophy.
As Bochy and his wife waved to the crowd, the car stalled on the Market Street parade route and it was determined that the car had run out of gas.
Obviously, the World Series hardware and Bochy needed to continue the journey to the Civic Center Plaza where the parade was supposed to end.
So, some good samaritans got behind the Rolls and started pushing it the rest of the way:
All in all, the Giants were due for some bad luck, right?
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games