Jalen Rose explains how he thinks athletes go broke in wake of ESPN’s 30 for 30 film “Broke” (VIDEO)
Oct 31, 2012, 2:07 PM EST
ESPN recently released its latest 30 for 30 and if you were ever curious as to how and why some athletes blow through their money so quickly that they end up bankrupt after a long playing career you should mosey on over there and figure out how to watch it.
Jalen Rose recently sat down with Grantland and a baseball bat to discuss Broke and share his viewpoint as to why his fellow athletes are going broke so soon.
For those without video capabilities, Rose’s message is this, paraphrased:
“Hint for future millionaires, don’t start a record company, a clothing line or loan anyone money.”
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found