Oct 31, 2012, 4:39 PM EDT
Peanut butter and chocolate, Christina Hendricks, goalie fights. Those, in some order, are three of the greatest things in the world, and while the staff here at Off the Bench are, until tonight’s festivities at least, fresh out of Reese’s cups (and are also banned from going within a collective 600 feet of Christina Hendricks), we do have a goalie fight for your enjoyment, straight out of the Swiss National League A. The face-off between the dueling netminders comes, as it so often does, in the midst of a full-on brawl between both sides, and as an added bonus, thanks to the ongoing lockout, there’s a smattering of NHL players involved as well. Brett McLean! Dan Fritsche! Logan Couture! But enough jibber jabber, onto the promised violence:
Even for someone, such as myself, who isn’t much of a hockey fan, I do have to applaud the sport for having brawls, where, you know, ACTUAL PUNCHES are thrown (looking at you, baseball and basketball). Hell, there’s as much action in this minute-long clip as in the last three Heavyweight title fights combined, and way more skill.
And, having just outed myself as something less than hockey fanatic, I’ll leave the customary judgment on who won the brawl to you– our educated, qualified, visually-attractive readers. Drop us a comment below and let us know who you think won, or, if in typical Swiss fashion, it was a tie.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found