Oct 29, 2012, 2:18 PM EDT
Over the weekend, former Oakland Athletics pitcher Bartolo Colon was on the hill during a winter league game in the Dominican Republic until he faced what every pitcher dreads.
After throwing a pitch, the ball was sent right back at him and hit him right in the jaw. Soon after, Bartolo collapsed and spent nearly one minute on the ground face down.
The trainers came out to check on Colon and eventually helped him to his feet where he left the field under his own power:
Bartolo was taken to the hospital soon after and is believed to be fine. He became the second person associated with the Athletics to get hit by a pitch in the head this year after Brandon McCarthy was hit in the head back in September.
Bartolo Colon gets drilled by comebacker [The Hall of Very Good]
Bartolo Colon hospitalized after getting hit by pitch [Detroit Free Press]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found