Oct 27, 2012, 8:32 AM EDT
Back on Thursday, a professional Greek soccer match saw an own goal for the ages as Panathinaikos defender Giourkas Seitaridis gave Lazio a free goal.
During the first half of the match, Panathinaikos goalkeeper Orestis Karnezis went to chase down the ball and sent a pass over to Seitaridis to clear it out.
For some reason, Giourkas thought that Karnezis went back to the goal and fired a pass back at the empty net which turned into the own goal:
Thankfully for Panathinaikos, they scored in the second half of action to tie the score and the match ended in a 1-1 draw.
Greek soccer player scores terrible own goal [Holdout Sports]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found