Oct 27, 2012, 1:23 PM EST
Apparently, World Series tickets are a hot item in Detroit and some Tigers fans were willing to go beyond the call of duty to score some tickets for tonight’s game three.
One Tigers fan posted an advertisement on Craigslist earlier in the week saying that he would trade a house in Greenview, Michigan for a pair of tickets.
For those of you thinking that the fan had lost his mind, it appears that the house he was looking to trade is a bit of a fixer-upper:
According to the poster, the three-bedroom, one-bath on Greenview near Southfield and Joy in the Warrendale neighborhood of Detroit “needs little work.” It usually rents as Section 8 housing and those who have gone to check out the property say that the house is missing some doors, windows, and a toilet. There is, however, the added bonus of several animal droppings scattered about.
The estimated price of the house itself is around about $2,500-$5,000 on the open market and it is unknown at this time, if the seller was able to make a deal.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found