Oct 24, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
It was a game-winning interception … but not for the defensive team. In the video below, you’ll see that the green team is leading the red team 16-14 with only seconds remaining in this youth football game, in which the players seem to be about 10 years old. The red team makes a last desperation pass, which is intercepted, seemingly ending the game.
But the player who intercepted the ball immediately spikes it in the middle of the field, and since no contact was made, that’s in effect a fumble. Kudos to No. 8 of the red team for realizing this, scooping up the ball and running to the end zone for a touchdown. Red team wins, 20-16.
Mom in stands, slowly realizing what just happened: “Are you serious?” Yes, they are.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games