Oct 21, 2012, 1:43 PM EDT
As we near the start of All Hallow’s Eve, you just knew that some group of college students were going to dress up as former Penn State defensive coordinator/convicted child abuser Jerry Sandusky.
However, I didn’t expect that the students who would dress up as Sandusky would attend a Big Ten game featuring the disgraced coaches former team.
Before yesterday’s Iowa/Penn State Big Ten tilt in Iowa City, the below photo of four Iowa college students dressed up in black and white prison jumpsuits with the words, “J. Sandusky” written on the back of them:
As you might figure, some of the Penn State fans who traveled to attend the game weren’t exactly laughing:
Chris Sherman, a 2008 Penn State grad who drove five hours for Saturday night’s game, was offended by what the Iowa students did. But he said it’s an isolated incident.
“That was a little distasteful,” Sherman said. “And you know, I’ve heard a comment here and there, but for the most part it’s been OK.”
Iowa students dress up as Jerry Sandusky [Image CPR]
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games