Oct 20, 2012, 8:31 AM EDT
Yesterday, Off the Bench covered a video of a high school kicker in Washington draining a 67-yard field goal to tie a game but he wasn’t the only young kicker draining it from distance.
In this clip from Texas, one fourteen-year old from Midland by the name of Blake Carter decided to show off his leg in a recent junior high school practice. With help from his coach as the holder, Blake lines up a 63-yard field goal attempt.
Watch as his kick gets plenty of leg and goes toward a set of uprights on the other side of the field:
Although it’s tough to tell if it actually goes in, I’m going to believe that the celebration was justified.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Live Extra: Watch Sharks-Kings, Game 4
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- Andy Murray out of French Open due to back injury
- PFT: Woodson returns to Raiders for up to $4.3M