Oct 18, 2012, 11:22 AM EDT
Let’s not get into all the background details of the Lance Armstrong controversy, OK? It’s way too early, at least on the West Coast, and I haven’t had my morning Saline and plasma infusions. Suffice it to say that he’s majorly busted, and sponsors are fleeing him in great stampeding herds.
How big is the rush for organizations to distance themselves from Lance? They’re even taking down his quotes from the sides of buildings. Here’s what’s going on right now over at the U.S. Olympic Training Center. They’re removing the Armstrong quote:
“I was sure to come under heavy attack by my adversaries, but what they didn’t know is how specifically and hard I had trained for this part of the race. It was time to show them.”
Yes, all Lace Armstrong quotes now have that extra helping of irony, which makes them at once sad and hilarious — a rare combination. His old Nike commercials are a prime example.
In ancient Egypt, Pharaohs who lost favor with the people had their names and images chiseled off of all public buildings and monuments. Will future generations know who Lance Armstrong was? Some say yes. And his he has 3.7 million Twitter followers agree.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris