Oct 18, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
You don’t know what it’s like to get ambushed by one of those TMZ reporters until it actually happens to you. You can’t push them aside and ignore them, because you look like a jerk. But answering the questions is also fraught with danger — I’m afraid that I would just blurt out anything to escape the inquisition. And that anything can be potentially humiliating.
Take the Pirates’ Andrew McCutchen, for example. TMZ cornered him while he was walking through LA Live. Here’s part of the exchange:
McCUTCHEN: “I’m a big time Honey Boo Boo fan.
TMZ: “What about Honey Boo Boo does it for you?”
McCUTCHEN: “She’s just crazy, man. That time she sneezed …”
It goes on (video here).
McCutchen, who led the National League with 194 hits, is in everyone’s top 5 in the NL MVP race. Too bad the Pirates aren’t closers, so that he could get the playoff exposure he deserves. Yes, we live in a world in which Honey Boo Boo is on TV in mid-October, but Andrew McCutchen is not. (Shakes fist at God). Not fair.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found