Oct 17, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Another sports blunder? Throw this one on the pile and let’s move on. In early Sept., Paul Ryan’s rousing pregame speech to the Miami of Ohio football team resulted in a 56-10 loss to Ohio State. Then he became the Sub-Three-Minute-Marathon man (that one was an outright fib). Then he climbed 38 mountains in Colorado (except he obviously didn’t).
Today our VP hopeful was at Cleveland Browns practice (good choice — supporting the underdog) after a campaign stop with Condoleeza Rice (Condoleeza in 2016!) at Baldwin Wallace University. The Browns’ new owner is Jimmy Haslam, whose brother, Bill, is the Republican Governor of Tennessee.
While addressing players, Ryan praised Weeden, whom he recalled watching play for Oklahoma State, according to a pool report.
The only problem: The Wisconsin congressman was pointing to McCoy.
Ryan pleaded for mercy when he realized his mistake.
“You always had your helmet on,” he said of the redheaded Weeden.
Yeah, because that’s the only way you can identify football players.
Anyway, good luck to the Browns in their next debate.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found