Oct 17, 2012, 11:10 AM EDT
A Penn State varsity cheerleader is in critical condition after a 39-foot fall from an on-campus apartment window on Saturday, according to StateCollege.com. The State College community has rallied in support of Paige Racque, who fell at the Calder Commons apartments just before midnight.
Raque’s brother, Parker, the captain of the Penn State men’s gymnastics team, has been providing Twitter updates (@RaqueBalboa) with the hashtag #prayforpaige.
Even a Penn State centric Twitter account, @PennStateProblems, used primarily for comedic tweets, tweeted out a #prayforpaige hashtag on Sunday night. By Monday, police could not say if they have any more information on the events surrounding the incident as it is under investigation.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement