Oct 17, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Back when I worked in a newsroom, the only thing we got was occasional Ray Ratto harmonica solos.
It’s an annual tradition dating to the 1950s for the Cal marching band to visit the Chronicle newsroom during the week of The Big Game (that’s Cal vs. Staford football, for the uninitiated). It’s also a tradition to check the paper the following day for sousaphone-related typos.
H/T to the great Al Olsen.
Here’s the 2011 event:
Note: Due to a shortage of reporters, Oski also had to make cop calls that day.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found