Oct 17, 2012, 1:29 PM EDT
About the only thing wrong with this is that the man proposing has a tail. Otherwise, pure awesomeness at Davenport University (Grand Rapids, Mich.) Midnight Madness, where men’s basketball coach Craig Heatherly had a special surprise for his girlfriend, Linaya Hass, who is Davenport’s dance coach.
Heatherly, dressed as Davenport mascot Pounce the Panther, did a dance routine with Hass as part of the festivities — but she didn’t know it was him. He then feigned an injury, and when Hass ran over to check on him, Heatherly took off the mascot head and revealed his true identity. (See? Flopping can be used for good instead of evil).
Already on one knee, he then proposed to Hass. She said yes, and players and dance team members rushed the court in celebration. Just like in that movie, which hasn’t been made yet, but should be.
And now I have a favorite NAIA basketball team.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found