Oct 15, 2012, 2:33 PM EST
Talk about a big bowl of wrong: it’s hard to know where to begin with this story. Dion Robinson, an assistant coach for the West Park Saints (South Florida) youth football team, was arrested today after assaulting a referee during a game on Saturday. In the video below you’ll see Robinson run onto the field and slap referee Andrews Keigans in the face so hard that he knocks the man down.
It all happened after Keigans called an unsportsmanlike penalty on Robinson, who had yelled something from the sideline. Robinson then ran onto the field, and the officials then decided to call the game, which was being played between the Saints and the Miramar Patriots at McTyre Park in West Park.
But as bad as this is, it’s actually Robinson’s background which is most disturbing — according to CBS Miami:
After reviewing the tape, deputies arrested Robinson and charged him with assault. Robinson does have a criminal record. In the past he’s been charged with aggravated assault, possession of cocaine and robbery with a deadly weapon.
Obviously this youth league has vigorous and comprehensive background checks.
One bright spot in all of this: The Miramar Patriots have very cool uniforms.
- So long folks, it’s time for me to take off 18
- Man wins full marathon while pushing his daughter in a baby stroller (video) 14
- Lock and load, it’s youth baseball fundraising time: league raffling off AR-15 rifle (video) 8
- Sim Bhullar is a large basketball player, and I mean it. Anybody want a peanut? 0
- What’s with kids and all these death-defying stunts? 674
- Nothing to see here…just a 70-yard field goal by a high-schooler (video) 3
- None found